[Job Vacancy] Open Rank Faculty Position in Digital Translation Studies
|Shenzhen – China
|Competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience
|1st February 2024
|1st April 2024
School of Humanities and Social Science now invites applications and nominations for:
Open Rank Faculty Position in Digital Translation Studies (Ref. AC2024/030/01)
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor (Tenure-stream)
General requirements and expectations
- A PhD degree in Translation and Interpreting Studies or Computer Science closely related to English and Chinese Language Processing;
- High potential in teaching and research in relevant areas;
- Preferably professional experience in AI-aided translator/interpreter training or translation education;
- Native or near-native proficiency in Chinese and English.
Candidates for the Assistant Professorship are expected to have true research potential and academic relevance proven by their completed doctoral projects and publications (if any). Candidates for the Full or Associate Professorship are expected to have demonstrated academic leadership and strong commitment to the highest standard of excellence in both teaching and research. Appointment will normally be made on contract basis for up to three years initially, leading to longer-term appointment or tenure later subject to mutual agreement. Exceptionally, appointment with tenure can be offered forthwith to candidate of proven ability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting cutting-edge research in digital translation and interpreting studies with potential for relating such studies to digital humanities and computational social sciences in general;
- Teaching courses in translation and language technology;
- Developing cooperative relations with language service industries;
- Initiating or assisting with curriculum development in digital translation studies;
- Undertaking administrative duties as appropriate to the appointments.
The appointee is expected to commence work in AY2024-25.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointment will be made under the establishment of CUHK, Shenzhen and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the People’s Republic of China. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China. Successful applicants can also apply for additional benefits through high-talent schemes at the Guangdong provincial level, the Shenzhen city level, and the Longgang district level.
Applicants should apply online and upload up-to-date CV, certification of all degrees and teaching evaluation report. Applicants will be required to arrange three recommendation letters after being shortlisted.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and considered until the post is filled.