[CFP] 1st International Conference Translation and Cultural Sustainability
Following the resounding success of the 1st International Conference Translation and Cultural Sustainability, which took place in November 2018, the Department of Translation and Interpreting of the University of Salamanca, Spain, will hold the second edition from 17 to 19 April 2024.
The aim of this second gathering is to discuss the numerous challenges, research and development avenues and new scenarios (physical, technological as well as social and cultural) that we face in the field of Translation and Interpreting, be they in professional, research, intercultural mediation or teaching-learning activities.
Researchers and practitioners from all over the world are welcome to submit their proposals. Contributions can be related to a range of challenges, new scenarios and research and development avenues for Translation and Interpreting:
Click on a theme to disclose or hide its information:
- New definitions and foundations of Translation Studies
- New translation modes
- New translation spaces
- Language and information research tools and foundations
- Ethics and quality in the industry and the profession
- Translator training
- Specialised areas in Translation and Interpreting
The Organisation will focus some paper presentation sessions on monographic topics, including the presentation of completed or ongoing editorial or research projects. The following researchers have confirmed their participation as speakers and moderators:
- Miguel Á. Jiménez-Crespo (Rutgers University): session on Localisation.
- Chris Mellinger (The University of North Carolina): session on Interpreting.
For more details including submission guidelines, please visit: https://traduccioneinterpretacion.org/en/conference2024/call-for-papers/