[Job Vacancy] Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Translation (with Arabic)
Recruiter: QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Salary: £38,592 – £63,673 per annum
Posted: 15 Nov 2022
End of advertisement period: 12 Dec 2022
Academic Discipline: Arts & Humanities, Languages, Literature & Linguistics
Job Type: Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
The School of Arts, English and Languages (AEL) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Translation (with Arabic).
The successful applicant will undertake research in line with the School’s research strategy, to teach primarily at postgraduate level, to undertake doctoral research supervision (where appropriate), and to contribute to School management, administration and outreach.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A Primary degree
- Obtained or be about to complete a PhD in Translation Studies (Completion date by time of appointment)
- Native or near-native fluency in both English and Arabic
- The ability to think creatively about development of Translation curriculum
- The ability to design course materials and to plan and organise the delivery and assessment of taught courses in Translation
- The ability to convene courses at PG level
- Evidence of excellence in teaching.
Applicants at Lecturer level should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Evidence of high-quality publications appropriate to threshold requirements for REF 2020
- The ability to undertake high-quality research-funding applications
- The ability to undertake high-quality supervision of MA and PhD dissertations and theses
- Evidence of experience of teaching Translation at tertiary level
- The ability to contribute fully to the broader administrative activities of Translation and Interpreting and the School of Arts, English and Languages.
Applicants at Senior Lecturer level should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Evidence of track-record of international-quality publications
- Evidence of successful research funding applications, at either CI or PI levels
- Evidence of successful supervision at PhD level
- Evidence of research-led teaching in Translation at tertiary level
- The ability to develop and contribute fully to the strategic priorities of Translation and Interpreting and the School, especially in terms of Internationalisation.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the ‘Candidate Information’ link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Sue-Ann Harding – S.Harding@qub.ac.uk.
For more details, please visit: https://www.timeshighereducation.com/unijobs/listing/316539/lecturer-senior-lecturer-in-translation-with-arabic-/?TrackID=425833&BatchID=2726&cmpid=JBE_TL_20221116_jobtitle&utm_source=jbe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=JBE_TL_20221116_jobtitle_job1