[CFP] The 22nd ITRI International Conference
The 22nd ITRI International Conference
January 27-28, 2023 (online)
The Interpreting and Translation Research Institute (ITRI) at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) in Korea is pleased to invite you to the 22nd ITRI international conference scheduled to be held virtually on January 27-28, 2023. The theme of the conference is “Assessment and Evaluation in Translation and Interpretation: Reflection on Quality.”
The discipline of translation and interpretation (T&I) studies has expanded in scope to explore and understand a wide array of aspects of T&I. At the same time, the number of T&I educational institutions and T&I service providers has increased dramatically. The ever-growing T&I sector has also been affected by technological developments, including the advancement in machine translation and the increasing adoption of remote interpreting due to the COVID-19 pandemic. All these changes may have had both a direct and indirect impact on quality in translation and interpretation.
Against this backdrop, we believe it is time to re-direct our attention to quality in translation and interpretation. Research on assessment is typically concerned with the quality of products of translation and interpreting, which may include studies on the performances of trainees, T&I professionals, as well as T&I performed by machine, from a variety of angles and through diverse methods. Evaluation is concerned with the quality and effectiveness of T&I pedagogy and curricula as well as T&I policies and programs. There may also be other important aspects of assessment and evaluation that require our attention. Thus, ITRI cordially invites you to contribute to this reflective process, with the aim of deepening our understanding of quality in T&I and proposing new approaches to assessment and evaluation.
Under the theme of “Assessment and Evaluation in Translation and Interpretation: Reflection on Quality,” we are calling for papers on subjects related to assessment and evaluation, including but not limited to the following:
– Quality assessment of students and professionals in T&I
– Assessment of T&I performance carried out by, or with the help of, technology
– Translation quality assessment methods
– Theories and practices on T&I quality assessment
– Evaluation of T&I educational programs
– Evaluation of T&I policies
– Assessment and evaluation in the context of T&I pedagogy
Submitting a proposal
– Individual proposals should be a minimum of 300 words.
– You may submit your proposals in English or Korean.
– All proposals should be accompanied by short bios (ca 100 words) of the presenters.
– Please send all proposals via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
– December 1, 2022: Submission of proposals
– December 19, 2022: Acceptance of proposals
– January 13, 2023: Submission of papers (Microsoft Word or PowerPoint slides)
To ensure smooth preparations for the conference, you are kindly asked to adhere to the above deadlines. For any inquiries, please email ITRI at email@example.com.
How to register as a participant
– Conference registration is free.
– The online conference link will be posted on the ITRI homepage before the conference: http://itri.hufs.
For more details, please visit: http://itri.hufs.ac.kr/notice/view.php?idx=3174