[Job Vacancy] Lecturer and Senior Lecturer – Macquarie University
Seeking a teaching and research academic to join the leading Department of Linguistics in NSW at Macquarie University
- Salary Package: Lecturer (Level B) from $110,274 to $130,472 p.a., plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading;
- Senior Lecturer (Level C), from $134,645 to $154,843 p.a., plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full time, continuing. Available to start in January/February 2023 (in time for the first teaching session).
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
A unique opportunity exists for a professionally qualified academic with expertise in Translation Studies (Translation Technology) to take up a position of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in the Department of Linguistics at Macquarie University. The successful candidate will be expected to actively engage in a research program, contribute to learning and teaching, supervise research students from Masters to higher degree, and contribute to the administration of the Department and Faculty. The successful candidate will also strive to engage with other areas of the Department and Faculty.
Department of Linguistics
The Department of Linguistics within the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences at Macquarie University is one of the largest and most diverse linguistics departments in Australia. In the 2022 QS World University Rankings by subject, Macquarie Linguistics was ranked 28th, and in the 2018 ERA quality assurance in research exercise, the Department was assessed as ‘above world standard’. Macquarie Linguistics has an extensive PhD research program as well as excellent postgraduate programs in Audiology, Speech-Language Pathology, Applied Linguistics, TESOL, and Translation & Interpreting, and two highly-regarded undergraduate degrees: the Bachelor of Speech and Hearing Sciences and the Bachelor of Linguistics and Language Sciences.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate (2-page) letter that demonstrates how you meet the selection criteria below:
- PhD in Linguistics, Translation and Interpreting Studies, or a related discipline
- Demonstrated teaching experience in Translation and Interpreting Studies at postgraduate level and in the use of specialised technologies applied to translation and interpreting professional practices
- A commitment and capability to deliver high-quality learning and teaching, including the design, delivery, and management of units of study, lectures, seminars, tutorials, and the design and delivery of authentic assessment tasks
- A clearly defined and well-articulated research agenda and a track record of high-quality publications
- Research expertise aligned with research strengths in the Department, and with Macquarie University’s future-shaping research priorities
- Evidence of successful competitive grants or excellent prospects for attracting external funding
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with an ability to relate to staff and students from all backgrounds and to represent the Department to external stakeholders and the general public
- Experience of research student supervision (Level C)
- Experience in teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Experience with research student supervision (Level B)
- Experience in the development of ongoing partnerships with industry and/or professional bodies
- Proficiency in one or more of the languages other than English taught in the program (Chinese, French, Japanese, Korean, Spanish).
Specific Role enquiries: Professor Catherine McMahon, Head of Department of Linguistics at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Enquiries: Jasmine Xia at email@example.com
Applications Close: 27th September at 11:55pm AEDT
If you’re already part of the Macquarie Group (MQ University, U@MQ, MQ Health, MGSM), you’ll need to apply through your employee Workday account. To apply for this job: Login to Workday and go to the Careers App > Find Jobs.
Applications Close: 27/09/2022 11:59 PM
For more details, please visit: https://mq.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/it-IT/CareersatMQ/job/Wallumattagal-Campus-North-Ryde/Senior-Lecturer_R000008822?fbclid=IwAR0uxTD8lcqcjQ3mrG3IzCWHiOHbKgsgsBPOkrCOM0qzt1imzlDN-m2ZWAg