[CFP] LANS issue 2024
Call for proposals for thematic issues for review by the journal’s editorial board
Guest editors may submit proposals for thematic issues to the journal’s editorial board. To do so, please send your proposal to Dr Isabelle Robert, using the journal’s general e-mail address (email@example.com).
To be considered, proposals must include the following five elements:
- guest editors’ names and affiliations;
- guest editors’ track records in the suggested research domain(s) (e.g., proof of achievements, credentials, expertise);
- a title and a brief presentation of the proposed topic (500–1000 words), consisting of a general description of the theme, followed by more specific research topics;
- a working reference list in APA format (7th edition) and
- a motivation (max. 500 words) explaining why the proposed topic is innovative, relevant for Translation Studies and feasible considering the scope of an annual publication.
Proposal reviews for thematic issues
The editorial board will draw up a shortlist of proposals by initially examining proposals based on their originality, international thematic relevance, innovativeness and (non)redundancy with former thematic issues. For an overview of former issues, please consult the following URLs:
Proposals for thematic issues are discussed at the annual meeting of the editorial board, which generally takes place in November. The editorial board will take one of the following three decisions:
- accept the proposal without modifications;
- accept the proposal with suggestions for modifications (‘conditional acceptance’) and
- reject the proposal.
- Submission of a proposal for a thematic issue: 25 October 2022
- Acceptance of the submitted proposal for a thematic issue: 1 December 2022
- First call for abstracts: 1 February 2023, at the latest
- Submission of abstracts for papers: 1 May 2023 (title and abstract of approx. 300 words, references not included)
- If necessary, second call for abstracts: 1 June 2023
- Acceptance of the submitted abstract: 1 July 2023. The abstracts will be reviewed by the guest editors. Upon acceptance, authors will receive a stylesheet for their texts.
- Submission of papers: 1 December 2023 (maximum 8,000 words, including references, notes and spaces). Start of the double blind review process.
- Acceptance of papers: March 2024
- Submission of the final versions of the papers: 1 June 2024. Guest editors will accept the final versions of the papers after they have reviewed them one final time for form and contents. If necessary, they can request a third version by 1 September 2024.
- The editorial work takes place between 1 September and 1 November 2024. The editorial board takes care of the final editing work, adding the review articles and producing the final PDF and HTML files.
- Publication: in the course of December 2024.
Double-blind peer review process
Reviewers are selected from a list of experts made available by the journal. Guest editors may suggest additional experts for the reviewing process.
English, French, German and Spanish
Please send proposals for thematic issues or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org