[Job Vacancy] Teaching Fellow in Chinese and Translation Studies
The University of Edinburgh – College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Salary: £35,333 to £42,155 UE07
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Placed On: 8th August 2022
Closes: 2nd September 2022
Job Ref: 4980
Closing date 02/09/2022, 5pm.
College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences / School of Literatures Languages and Cultures / Chinese Studies/Asian Studies and Translation
Full time – 35 hours per week open-ended, available from January 2023
We are looking for an individual to contribute to teaching, assessment and course administration at ab initio to advanced levels in Chinese Studies and to teaching, tutoring, supervision and assessment at the postgraduate levels in Translation Studies.
We welcome applications for this post from all qualified candidates and particularly welcome applications from members of minority ethnic groups, who are currently under-represented in the School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures
Your skills and attributes for success:
PhD, with relevant teaching experience in Translation Studies and Chinese Studies.
- Evidence of fluency and proficiency in English and Chinese;
• A robust experience in teaching Chinese language and Translation Studies with Chinese in a higher education context;
• A commitment to high quality teaching and learning including the capacity to create teaching materials;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
• A proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.
For more details, please visit: https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/CSF988/teaching-fellow-in-chinese-and-translation-studies?uuid=e4d39162-1784-11ed-a349-064da8edb92a&campaign=jbe20220809&source=jbe