[Job Vacancy] Associate Lecturer in Spanish Translation
University of York – Department of Language and Linguistic Science
Salary: £33,309 to £40,927 per annum
Hours: Part Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Placed On: 20th July 2022
Closes: 7th August 2022
Job Ref: 11048
The Department of Language & Linguistic Science is seeking to appoint an Associate Lecturer in Spanish Translation to teach on final-year Spanish Translation modules. You will contribute to the administration of the Spanish degree programme and development of teaching materials. The post begins on 19 September 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter. This is a part-time position (0.15 FTE pro rata) on an open contract.
You will lecture, lead seminars, tutorials and other forms of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in the area of Spanish-English Translation and related fields while developing/applying innovative teaching techniques and materials. As the successful candidate, you will design a range of assessments, provide feedback to students; set and mark examinations and coursework in coordination with module convenors for French, German and Italian translation; and contribute to the design of curricula and programmes in languages.
Skills, Experience & Qualification needed
You will have
- a postgraduate degree in Translation and/or interpreting or equivalent experience.
- an honours degree in Spanish or equivalent experience.
- experience in teaching Translation in at undergraduate and/ or postgraduate level or in an evidenced similar context.
- detailed knowledge in language learning and teaching sufficient to develop teaching and provide relevant learning support to students across different levels of academic ability.
- a high level of proficiency in Spanish and English.
Interview date: TBD
For informal enquiries: please contact (Thomas Jochum-Critchley) on (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (Nathaniel Elcock) on (email@example.com). For further information please see the department web pages.
The University strives to be diverse and inclusive – a place where we can ALL be ourselves.
We particularly encourage applications from people who identify as Black, Asian or from a Minority Ethnic background, who are underrepresented at the University.
We offer family friendly, flexible working arrangements, with forums and inclusive facilities to support our staff. #EqualityatYork