[CFP] AUSIT 2022 National Conference – Rebuild & Belong: Evolution, Transformation, and Growth
It is with great pleasure that AUSIT invites you to participate in this year’s National Conference to be held in Brisbane on 25-26 November 2022.
This year’s event promises to be as interesting and exciting as previous conferences held in the Sunshine State. We can’t wait to welcome delegates to Queensland and experience the much-needed interaction with everyone in the industry.
The theme this year is “Rebuild & Belong: Evolution, Transformation, and Growth”. The conference offers participants a forum to discuss practical and theoretical issues related to the T/I profession with a focus on re-connecting across a variety of different areas, after some challenging pandemic years.
With participation from T & I practitioners, academics, Language Service Providers (LSPs), and government stakeholders, from both Australia and overseas, the conference will be an excellent forum for discussion, professional development, networking, and social interaction.
The theme of this year’s conference is ‘Rebuild and Belong: Evolution, Transformation and Growth’. It aims to offer participants a forum to discuss practical and theoretical issues relating to the T&I profession across a variety of different areas, focusing on rebuilding and re-connecting after two long years of dealing with the disruption of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Organising Committee (OC) is calling for the submission of abstracts for papers from a wide variety of interdisciplinary theoretical and practical perspectives. Submissions are organised into the following sub-themes:
- Cultivating connections with colleagues – the power of camaraderie, and team building.
- Self-growth – issues affecting practitioners and their businesses (mental health, adapting, professional skills, ethics and values, new mindset and new focus).
- Joining forces with other professions – new opportunities, relationships between T&I practitioners and professional end users.
- Engaging with the community – current issues affecting community translation and interpreting.
- Innovation in the world – the T&I industry in the post-pandemic world, accessibility, new technologies and new advances.
For more details, visit: https://ausit.org/2022-conference/