[Job Vacancy] Lecturer (Education) in Translation
The School of Arts, English and Languages (AEL) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Temporary Lecturer (Education) in Translation to cover a 15 week period of leave. The successful applicant will deliver effective teaching and learning at Postgraduate Research and Postgraduate Taught level with a particular focus on MA Assessment and dissertation supervision and PGR shared supervision, while contributing as appropriate to the Centre for Translation and Interpreting (CTI) and school administration.
The successful candidate must have and your CV/Cover letter (or application form) should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Completed a relevant PhD.
- Ability to contribute to the supervision of PhD students.
- Experience of teaching in own area, with additional broader experience in Translation Studies.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click the Candidate Information link below.
This is a fixed term post, available for 15 weeks from date of appointment.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays).
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/