[CFP] Translation Matters Special issue on Translation and Money
Submissions are invited for a special issue of the open-access journal, Translation Matters, published by the Translationality strand of the Centre for English, Translation and Anglo-Portuguese Studies (CETAPS) of Nova University, Lisbon, on the subject of Translation and Money.
We welcome articles dealing with any aspects of the theme such as:
- Theoretical articles exploring issues such translation as a mode of exchange, risk theory applied to translation, complexity thinking applied to translation, etc
- Case studies about the translation of literary, audiovisual, sacred or scientific works on monetary topics
- Technical translation of economic or financial texts
- Reflections about the financial questions that affect professional translators and interpreters in their daily lives (such as rates charged in different parts of the world; taxation (including double taxation issues) and pensions; how the translator’s income has been affected by external factors, such as the pandemic, etc)
- The financial management of translation processes inside organizations (clients, suppliers, translation tool vendors, Government agencies, international bodies, NGOs, etc.).
- Historical studies dealing with any of the above from a diachronic perspective
- Money in translation research and training.
Articles, in English or in Portuguese, should be 6000-8000 words in length, including references and footnotes, and be formatted in accordance with the guidelines given on the journal’s website. Papers should be uploaded onto the site by 15th June 2022. http://ojs.letras.up.pt/index.php/tm/index.
Any inquiries should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.