[CFP] International Conference on Translation and Interpreting of Specialized Discourses: Theoretical and Practical Approaches to Accessibility
From 12/03/2021 To 12/04/2021
The International Conference on Translation and Interpreting of Specialised Discourses: Theoretical and Practical Approaches to Accessibility calls for reflection on accessibility from the perspective of what translation and interpreting can contribute
We want to create a space for the dissemination of research work related to the topic of disability in the framework of translation and interpreting studies, considering interdisciplinary approaches and the contributions of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). In addition, we also wish to share resources, didactic, methodological and practical strategies and theoretical approaches to disability.
In this context of academic exchange, we will count on the participation of national and international referents.
We invite you to participate with a paper (in English or Spanish and about 20 minutes long), around one of the thematic lines listed below:
- Translation of disability-related texts
- Disability-related terminology
- Interpreting in contexts where disability is present
- Legislative and social framework with relevance to translation/interpreting for accessibility
- Linguistic tools and resources for communication with and between people with disabilities
- Multimodal communication
- Accessibility in audiovisual translation
- Sign language
- Accessible cultural content and translation and interpreting
- Discourse analysis on people with disabilities
- Presentation and analysis of multilingual resources and tools for accessibility
- Creation of accessible material in translation
- Training in translation for accessibility
- Experiences of learners, teachers and professionals in translation and interpreting inclusion
- Evaluating accessibility in translated/interpreted products
- Accessibility for translators/interpreters with disabilities
How to submit a communication
In order to submit a communication proposal, it is necessary to register on the conference website. Once registration has been completed, a summary of the communication must be sent with a length of between 200 and 300 words and between 4 and 6 key words under this link.
Once the acceptance of the paper proposal has been received, registration must be made by payment of the registration fee. The next step will consist of sending a link to the video of the presentation. This video can be viewed by conference attendees from the start of the event for up to two weeks. The presentation must comply with the accessibility rules that can be downloaded from this link.
Submission of communication proposals (from 9 August to 15 October 2021)
To participate as speakers in the Conference, the following information must be submitted by 15 October 2021 under this link:
- Title of the paper in English and Spanish
- Abstract in Spanish (maximum 300 words)
- Abstract in English (maximum 300 words)
- Key words (minimum five) in Spanish and English
- Short presentation of the author/s as a brief updated CV (maximum 150 words)
After the Conference, interested speakers will be invited to submit a manuscript for publication in a publisher/journal in our field. This publication will be subject to an evaluation process by the Scientific Committee.