[CFP] AUSIT 2021 Conference
Live in-person & online event
Friday 19 & Saturday 20 November 2021
Join us by the Indian Ocean for a conference themed “Another Word, Another World”.
This will be a hybrid event, with speakers and attendees having the option of attending in-person or participating virtually.
Recently, we have seen first-hand the creation of a new world through the pandemic, with the innovation in language it has brought. Newly coined terms have emerged, and T&I practitioners have helped with transitioning into this new reality.
As translators and interpreters, it is our job to connect different worlds and help people move between them. Through our professional practice, we may open up another world for our clients, but sometimes we also open up a can of worms.
How does switching between languages change our interpretation of the world? How can we, as T&I professionals, best facilitate understanding and ease the shift in meaning? What are the best business practices that help us work efficiently, work competently and keep well?
Call for Papers
The Organising Committee is calling for abstract submissions with themes ranging across:
- Contribution of migration to the evolution of languages and strategies for overcoming cultural differences
- Challenges of communication and cultural perceptions for multilingual communities
- Perspectives of indigenous language speakers on their experiences of T&I
- Challenges of terminology in specialised areas
- Interpreting & translating in a post-pandemic era: what does the future hold?
In addition, the OC strongly encourages papers that demonstrate practical relevance to the T&I profession and the theme of the conference.
Interdisciplinary, theoretical and practitioner perspectives are all welcome.
Presentations (either live or online) will run for 30 or 45 mins with an additional 15 mins for Q&A.
All presentations will be recorded by AUSIT.
Because of the complexity of putting the Conference Programme together and the large numbers of participants involved, it is not usually possible to accommodate requests for specific presentation days or times.
How to Submit Your Abstract
- To submit, please go to (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ausitncperth2021)
- Create an account.
- Submit your abstract (maximum 250 words). The submission deadline is 15 September 2021.
- Your abstract will undergo blind academic/peer review and the results will be returned by 5 October 2021.
- If your abstract is chosen, you will be notified via email and invited to register for the conference.
- Upon payment and registration, you will receive a confirmation email, including the official invitation to present.
Dates & Times
Friday 19 November 2021
Conference – 8.30am – 5.30pm
Gala Dinner 7.00pm – 10.30pm
Saturday 20 November 2021
Conference – 8.30am – 12.30pm
Venue: Rendezvous Hotel, Scarborough Beach, WA
(or from the comfort of your own space, online)
For more details, please visit: https://ausit.org/2021-conference/