[Job Vacancy] Lecturer, Graz, Austria
The Institute of Translation Studies is looking for a Lecturer (40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 6 years; position to be filled as of September 15th 2021 )
- Research-based teaching in the field of language, culture and translation (English) to the extent of 12 semester hours per week
- Participation in the related administrative tasks and examinations
- Coordination activities in the English subject area
- Collaboration in research activities of the Institute, especially in the field of language, culture and translation didactics
- Student supervision
- Completed doctorate in translation studies or closely related field of higher education
- At least 3 years of experience in teaching at university level
- Knowledge of translation studies research relevant to teaching
- Excellent didactic qualifications
- Competence in the use of digital media
- Willingness to test new teaching formats
- Professional experience as a translator and/or interpreter
- Excellent language and cultural competence in German and English
- Ability for scientific reflection (relevant research activity desirable)
- Ability to work in a team and motivate others
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3945.90 gross/month (40 hours/week). This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: August 4th 2021
Reference Number: MB/147/99 ex 2020/21
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents (CV, certificates, etc.) before the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application to: