A full conference held completely online
6th International Conference on Language, Linguistics, and Technology
The techLING2021-UVigo-T&P Conference is an international scientific event dedicated to the existing synergies between languages and their scientifical knowledge, to linguistics and the new digital technologies, with a particular focus on the impact of technological tools in the field of translation and interpretation, as well as language teaching and processing. It is aimed at master’s degree students and graduates, researchers, and professors from the areas of translation-applied linguistics, teaching, and language technology: foreign languages professors, professional translators, interpreters, reviewers, proofreaders, post-editors, subtitlers, dubbers, terminologists, and lexicographers, as well as businesspeople interested in linguistics and international communication.
In 2021, the sixth edition of the International Conference on Language, Linguistics and Technology will be organized by the Translation & Paratranslation (T&P) Research Group of the University of Vigo and it will be held completely online, from 17 November to 19 November, 2021. We invite you to participate in the sessions that will take place during those three days. Click here for more information on how to participate in the Conference.
Proposals may be submitted in the following formats:
- Communications or Videoconference, both previously recorded and properly uploaded to one of the following platforms: YouTube, Vimeo, Instructure Media, Twitch o Daily Motion
- Poster / Infographic / Animated Infographic
The Scientific Committee will determine the acceptance of proposals based on the submission of their corresponding abstracts.
Each participant may send up to two abstracts (each centered on a different track or theme) with a maximum of 300 words and no more than 5 keywords. Abstracts must be written in any of the five languages of the Conference: Spanish (ES), Galician (GL), Portuguese (PT), English (EN), and French (FR).
Authors are advised to structure the text using APA Style, identifying the subject, objective, methodology (sample, instrument, and procedure), results, and conclusion. Since it is an abstract, all sections should be presented in a summarized fashion, especially the results section. Should the work not be empiric in nature, the abstract must present a theoretical study structure (identifying the theoretical model or framework compared to current or past results).
All abstracts proposals submitted through the EasyChair platform must conform to the following guidelnes:
- Details: Author, title, abstract, bibliography and keywords
- Length: 500 words maximum
- Format: single spacing without tabulation. 2.5 cm for top, bottom, left and right margins. No French indentation. No page or line numbering.
- Font: Times New Roman, size 12.
- File type: PDF format, unprotected
- From May 13 to July 31, 2021: submission of abstracts
- August 31, 2021: notification of acceptance
- September 1 to 30, 2021: submission of recorded communicationin the chosen platform (YouTube, Vimeo, Instructure Media, Twitch o Daily Motion). The relevant URL submission by filling the form is available here
- November 17 to 19, 2021: online Conference
- Recorded Communication or Videoconference
For more details, please visit: https://paratraduccion.com/techling2021/en/#