[Job Vacancy] University Assistant without doctorate
The Institute of Translation Studies is looking for a University Assistant without doctorate (30 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 4 years; position to be filled as of August 2nd 2021)
- Independent research and academic collaboration within the research area “Translation, migration and minorities”
- Writing a dissertation with a connection to the research area “Translation, migration and minorities”; a focus on interpreting and/or the impact of digitalization on multilingualism and intercultural communication in migration contexts would be desirable
- Publications in scientific journals and/or other forms of knowledge transfer
- Participation in and co-organization of workshops, symposia and conferences
- Teaching courses on BA-level
- Student support
- Administration work related to research and teaching
- Master’s degree or equivalent in the fields of translation studies, interpreting studies, humanities and/or social sciences
- Familiarity with the theories and research methods in translation studies, interpreting studies, humanities and/or social sciences
- Research interest in various realisation forms, agents and institutions of translation in migration contexts
- Open-mindedness to take new paths in the research on the interrelation between migration and translation
- Good knowledge of German and English and knowledge of at least one other language taught at the institute
- Scientific curiosity
- Creative and critical thinking
- Intercultural competence
- Communication, organizational and above all teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently, personal initiative and proactive action
- Reliability, resilience and flexibility
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 2228.60 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: June 30th 2021
Reference Number: MB/122/99 ex 2020/21
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents including including a concept for a dissertation project with a connection to translation didactics and translation technology (1-2 pages) as well as a letter of motivation, the curriculum vitae and copies of all university degrees before the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Şebnem Bahadır (email@example.com).