[CFP] The Łódź-ZHAW Duo Colloquium on Translation and Meaning
The Łódź-ZHAW Duo Colloquium on Translation and Meaning is a successor to the internationally acclaimed event with the same concept, organised in Maastricht and Łódź from 1990 to 2015.
The ZHAW session takes place online from 2 to 3 September 2021 and approaches applied aspects of the theme Contextuality in Translation and Interpreting. The session also held online in Łódź from 3 to 5 December 2020 focused on theoretical aspects (see http://www.duo.uni.lodz.pl/).
The ZHAW session of the Łódź-ZHAW Duo Colloquium has an applied orientation to this year’s central theme Contextuality in Translation and Interpreting. For full details, see the calls for papers in English and German (links below).
Participants who would like to give a paper should upload their abstracts in pdf format by using the Submit button. The full submission must contain:
- the title of the paper
- the name(s) of the author(s)
- the full name(s) and address(es) of the affiliation(s)/institute(s) of the author(s), including e-mail address
- the sub-theme(s) the abstract relates to (see list of sub-themes in the call for papers)
- a 250-300 word abstract (excluding references)
- a list of references (max. 5)
Abstracts and presentations can be in English or German. A selection of papers based on presentations given at the Duo Colloquium 2020/2021 will be published as a volume by Peter Lang.
- 21 May 2021: deadline for submission of abstracts
- 7 June 2021: notification of acceptance of abstracts
- 30 June 2021: deadline for registration for all presenters
- 15 July 2021: publication of programme (preliminary version)
- 8 August 2021: deadline for registration for all non-presenting participants
- 2 – 3 September 2021: ZHAW session of the Duo Colloquium (online)
As the ZHAW session will now be held online, registration is free of charge for all attendees.
Presenters have to register by 30 June 2021 in order to ensure their place on the programme. All other participants have to register by 8 August 2021. Please click the Register button to sign up for the conference