[CFP] 2nd International Symposium on Translation and Knowledge Transfer
New trends in the theory and practice of translation and interpreting (TRAK)
Córdoba (Spain), 18-19 November 2021
The second TRAK symposium explores the fundamental role of translation and interpreting as channels for the dissemination of knowledge, bringing languages and cultures closer in a diversified world. Through this approach, we intend to bring together scholars, practitioners and researchers representing different areas of translation and interpreting, in order to discuss the rapidly changing situation in the translation and interpreting disciplines, as well as professional aspects and recent research trends in the contemporary world.
Please note that, due to the COVID-19 situation, the 2nd International Symposium on Translation and Knowledge Transfer will be held online.
Topics of interest for presentation at the symposium include, but are not limited to:
- Research methods: Sociology applied to translation and interpreting.
- Interdisciplinarity in translation research.
- Translation perspectives: Turns, shifts and new fields of inquiry.
- Interculturality and transculturality in translation and interpreting.
- Translation and gender studies.
- The impact of translation and language policies on multilingualism.
- New careers: Postediting, transcreation and technology management.
- Digitalization, translation technologies and automatic translation.
- Developments in translation project management.
- Multimodal translation: emerging forms of intersemiotic transfer in professional and non-professional settings.
- Reception, consumers’ choice and potential impact on translated products.
- Applied uses of translation for language learning.
- A new era for didactics: new strategies for online teaching.
- Intralinguistic translation and accesibility.
The working languages are English and French. Presentations will be 20 minutes followed by 10 minutes of discussion.
Please submit abstracts of 300 words (excluding references) via e-mail. The submission deadline is 30 May 2021, and acceptance or rejection will be communicated by 1 July 2021.
Your Abstract Submission must include the following information and be adapted to our Abstract Sheet.
Institution, Company of freelance translator or interpreter (specify):
Abstract (Max. 300 words):