[CFP] The Łódź-ZHAW Duo Colloquium on Translation and Meaning
The Łódź-ZHAW Duo Colloquium on Translation and Meaning is a successor to the internationally acclaimed event with the same concept, organised in Maastricht and Łódź from 1990 to 2015.
The ZHAW session takes place from 2 to 4 September 2021 in Winterthur and approaches applied aspects of the theme Contextuality in Translation and Interpreting. The session held online in Łódź from 3 to 5 December 2020 focused on theoretical aspects (see http://www.duo.uni.lodz.pl/). We are planning to stage a full on-site session in Winterthur.
The ZHAW session of the Łódź-ZHAW Duo Colloquium has an applied orientation to this year’s central theme Contextuality in Translation and Interpreting.
Participants who would like to give a paper should upload their abstracts in pdf format by using the Submit button. The full submission must contain:
- the title of the paper
- the name(s) of the author(s)
- the full name(s) and address(es) of the affiliation(s)/institute(s) of the author(s), including e-mail address
- the sub-theme(s) the abstract relates to (see list of sub-themes in the call for papers)
- a 250-300 word abstract (excluding references)
- a list of references (max. 5)
Abstracts and presentations can be in English or German. A selection of papers based on presentations given at the Duo Colloquium 2020/2021 will be published as a volume by Peter Lang.
- 30 April 2021: deadline for submission of abstracts
- 31 May 2021: notification of acceptance of abstracts
- 30 June 2021: deadline for early-bird registration (for all presenters)
- 15 July 2021: publication of programme (preliminary version)
- 8 August 2021: deadline for regular registration
- 2-4 September 2021: Duo Colloquium session at ZHAW in Winterthur