[CFP] The AALITRA Review
About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The AALITRA Review is an peer-reviewed online journal published by The Australian Association for Literary Translation (AALITRA), which was launched in March 2010. The editor is Lintao Qi.
The AALITRA Review aims to publish high quality material concerned with literary translation, as well as translations of literary texts from other languages into English, or vice versa. It hopes to foster a community of literary translators and to be a forum for lively debate concerning issues related to the translation of literary texts.
We welcome submissions in the following areas:
- scholarly articles on aspects of literary translation (both fictional and non-fictional, practical and theoretical)
- interviews with established translators or Translation Studies scholars on aspects of their work
- book reviews of major Translation Studies publications
- book reviews of literary translations into English, or of Australian writing into other languages
- original translations into English of literary texts (with a preference for poetry and prose) accompanied by a critical introduction and commentary by the translator
- original translations of Australian literary texts into LOTE accompanied by a critical introduction and commentary by the translator
Peer Review Process
All submissions are subject to anonymous peer review. Reviewers are asked to judge submissions by the following criteria:
- Significance of the article
- Appropriateness for the journal
- Quality of research/translation
All contributions to the journal will be published collectively in one issue per year.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Submissions for issue 16 (2021), which must be prepared according to the Guidelines for Contributors, should be sent to the editors by 30 April 2021:
Submissions received after 30 April will be considered for issue 17.