[Job Vacancy] University Assistant without doctorate – UNIVERSITY OF GRAZ
The Institute of Translation Studies is looking for a University Assistant without doctorate (40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 4 years; position to be filled as of March 1st 2021 )
- Independent research and academic collaboration within the research area “Translation, Society and New Technologies”
- Carrying out a dissertation with a connection to digital translation didactics, a focus on cooperative teaching methods would be desirable
- Publications in scientific journals and / or other forms of knowledge transfer
- Participation in and co-organization of workshops, symposia and conferences
- Teaching courses at BA-level, e.g. in the field of translation technology
- Student support
- Administration related to research and teaching
- Master’s degree or equivalent in the field of translation technology and/or (digital) translation didactics
- Familiarity with the theories and methods of translation studies
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of (new) translation technologies
- Research interest in didactic approaches and methods in translation science, preferably in relation to (new) translation technologies
- Open-mindedness to take new paths in the (digital) translation didactics
- Very good computer skills, preferably with a background in language technology, computational linguistics or computer science
- Very good knowledge of German and English and good knowledge of at least one other language taught at the institute
- Scientific curiosity
- Creative and critical thinking
- Intercultural competence
- Communication, organizational and above all teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently, personal initiative and proactive action
- Reliability, resilience and flexibility
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 2929.00 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: February 10th 2021
Reference Number: MB/26/99 ex 2020/21
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents including a concept for a dissertation project with a connection to translation didactics and translation technology (1-2 pages) as well as a letter of motivation, the curriculum vitae and copies of all university degrees before the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application to: