[Job Vacancy] University Assistant without doctorate
The Institute of Translation Studies is looking for a University Assistant without doctorate (30 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 4 years; position to be filled as of January 11th 2021 )
- Independent research and academic collaboration in the thematic area ” Translation, Society and New Technologies”
- Carrying out a dissertation in the context of an empirically based technology assessment of translation technologies
- Interdisciplinary research on the interactions across translation technologies and society
- Publications in scientific journals and / or other forms of knowledge transfer
- Participation in and co-organization of workshops, symposia and conferences
- Teaching courses at BA-level
- Student support
- Administration related to research and teaching
- Master’s degree or equivalent in the field of translation technology or computer science
- Interest in the theories and methods of (empirical) translation studies and (new) translation technologies
- Willingness to carry out empirical and social science-oriented basic research in the context of a comprehensive technology review
- Open-mindedness to interdisciplinary work and to breaking new ground in empirical social research
- Very good computer skills, preferably with a background in language technology, computational linguistics or computer science
- Very good knowledge of German and English and good knowledge of at least one other language taught at the institute
- Scientific curiosity
- Creative and critical thinking
- Intercultural competence
- Communication, organizational and above all teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently, personal initiative and proactive action
- Reliability, resilience and flexibility
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 2196.80 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: December 30th 2020
Reference Number: MB/261/99 ex 2019/20
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents including a concept for a dissertation project in the context of an empirically based technology assessment of translation technologies (1-2 pages) as well as a letter of motivation, the curriculum vitae and copies of all university degrees before the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application to: