[Job Vacancy] Doctoral Candidate in Translation Studies at the University of Lisbon Centre for English Studies
Applications are open until 14 October 2020 for 1 (one) position of Doctoral Candidate (Ph.D. fellow) in Translation Studies at the University of Lisbon Centre for English Studies (http://ulices.letras.ulisboa.pt/en/).
Detailed job description and vetting procedures are described in detail [here] (in Portuguese) and on the Era Careers Portal. Applicants should always refer to the Portuguese version of the call. Below is a brief outline of the call in English (for communicative purposes only).
The selected applicant:
- will be offered a Ph.D. scholarship, renewable up to four years (1064.00€ per month);
- will carry out research necessary for a successful completion of the proposed Ph.D. project at CEAUL/ULICES (located in Lisbon, Portugal);
- will enrol on a Ph.D. programme in Translation Studies at the School of Arts and Humanities of the University of Lisbon;
- will take part in projects and activities organized by CEAUL/ULICES;
Topics available for research include, but are not limited to: censorship, indirect translation, retranslation, revision, multimodality, translation norms, translation strategies, translator status and training in different translation domains (audiovisual, institutional, literary, technical, etc.).
This position is funded by FCT – Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia/MCTES under the Collaboration Protocol for the Financing of the Multiannual Plan for Research Grants for Doctoral Students, celebrated between the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia and the University of Lisbon Centre for English Studies.
The University of Lisbon maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy. Everyone with the relevant qualifications is encouraged to apply for this scholarship. The University of Lisbon is one of the major universities in Portugal. Located in a vibrant historic city, it offers a multilingual working environment and great conditions for career development. For more information on research and higher education in Portugal see https://www.study-research.pt.
How to apply:
Applications should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com on 14 October 2020 at the latest
- BA and MA in English and American Studies (or neighbouring areas, including Translation
- Near-native command of English and advanced level of Portuguese.
Click here for more details: http://ulices.letras.ulisboa.pt/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/PhD_Information_ENG-ET.pdf