[CFP] 3rd International Conference on Translation, Interpreting & Cognition
3rd International Conference on Translation, Interpreting & Cognition
After the success of ICTIC 1 (Mendoza, Argentina) and ICTIC 2 (Germersheim, Germany), ICTIC is holding its third edition at the Forlì Campus of the Università di Bologna, Italy, from June 28 to 30, 2021.
In just two editions, ICTIC has become one of the most important venues for scholars working at the interface of translation, interpreting and cognition. This year, we also intend to expand the boundaries of our scientific community and to foster a dialogue with neighbouring research domains to make Cognitive Translation and Interpreting Studies truly interdisciplinary.
ICTIC 3 is organised by the Laboratory for Multilectal Mediated Communication & Cognition (MC2 Lab) of the Dipartimento di Interpretazione e Traduzione of the Università di Bologna and it is endorsed by the TREC network.
We look forward to welcoming you in Forlì in 2021!
Participants are invited to submit proposals addressing cognitive aspects from any theoretical and methodological perspective of topics such as (but not limited to) the following:
- child language brokering and unprofessional translation
- emerging professional profiles, including respeaking, transcreation and transediting
- emotions, empathy, perspective taking and theory of mind
- ergonomics and human-computer interaction
- expanding methods: big data, meta-analysis, replication
- interpreting (remote, dialogue, simultaneous, consecutive, etc.)
- machine translation, post-editing and revision
- machine translation literacy
- multilingualism and professional communication
- multimodality and oral/written hybrids
- natural language processing
- psycholinguistic constructs in CTIS
- reception of translated products by real readers/listeners
- sign language translation and interpreting
- training the translator and the interpreter
- translation (literary, technical, scientific, audiovisual, etc.)
- writing and intralingual translation.
- Submit panel proposals from July 1 until September 30, 2020.
- Accepted panels notified last week of October, 2020.
- Submit abstracts from November 1, 2020 until January 31, 2021.
- Accepted abstracts notified in February 28, 2021.
- Early bird registration from March 1 until April 15, 2021.
- Regular-fee registration from April 16 until June 15, 2021.
|Early bird||Regular fee|
|Summer school attendees||€50|
|Pre-conference workshops||€35 (includes lunch on June 28)|
Fees include lunch on June 29 & 30.
Presenters are welcome (but not necessarily expected) to send their contributions to the conference to one the following venues:
- transActions, a new open-access journal founded by the MC2Lab.
- Glossatori, a new open-access book series founded by the MC2Lab.
- Translation, Cognition & Behavior
The conference dinner will be held on June 30. More information to be announced soon.