[Job Vacancy] University Assistant (post doc) at the Centre for Translation Studies, The University of Vienna
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.10.2020 of a
University Assistant (post doc) at the Centre for Translation Studies
A half-day post-doctoral position with a focus on Community Interpreting, limited to 6 years, is offered at the Centre for Translation studies. The successful candidate is expected to develop and strengthen an independent research profile in the field of Community Interpreting. Relevant previous experience and publications in this field are desirable.
The Centre for Translation Studies (ZTW) at the University of Vienna, Austria is one of 20 academic units (faculties and centres) of the University of Vienna. In addition to the area of teaching (transcultural communication, translation studies, translation and interpreting education in 14 languages, etc.), the Centre conducts research in several key research areas. Cutting-edge research is conducted by professors, habilitated staff members, predoctoral and postdoctoral researchers, senior lecturers and many more. More than 120 lecturers teach translation-related subjects to about 3,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Duration of employment: 6 year/s
Extent of Employment: 20 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
Active participation in research, teaching and administration:
– Developing and strengthening an independent research profile with a focus on Community Interpreting
– International publications and presentations
– Involvement in research projects
– Involvement in project applications and the acquisition of third-party funding
– Preparing/writing a habilitation and/or development of an internationally competitive research profile
– Independent teaching as defined by the collective agreement
– Supervision of students
– Participation in evaluation measures and quality assurance
– Participation in administrative tasks
Minimum job requirements:
– Doctoral degree/PhD degree
– Professional and methodological competence (proven by publications)
– Teaching experience at a university or college and/or in adult education
– Excellent command of written and spoken German
– Excellent command of written and spoken English
– Excellent command of a third language taught at the Centre for Translation Studies
– Very good IT user skills
– Ability to work in a team
In addition the successful candidate should have the following additional qualifications:
– Publications in renowned, subject-relevant media
– International presentation experience
– Experience of working on research projects and applying for third-party funding
– Knowledge of university processes and structures
– Experience abroad
Documents for application:
– Letter of motivation
– Academic CV
– List of publications
– List of presentations held
– List of courses held/teaching activities
– Description of research interests and plans
– Copies of degree certificates and PhD certificate
Main research field
|Special research fields||Importance|
Linguistics and Literature
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 30.06.2020, mentioning reference number 10906.
For further information please contact Pöllabauer, Sonja .
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Human Resources and Gender Equality of the University of Vienna
Reference number: 10906