[Job Vacancy] Assistant Professor in English Translation Studies (English-Arabic, Arabic-English)
Assistant Professor in English Translation Studies (English-Arabic, Arabic-English)
University of Nizwa – Department of Foreign Languages
|Location:||Nizwa – Oman|
|Salary:||OMR1,400 to OMR1,600
£2,833.74 to £3,238.56 converted salary* per month (could be negotiated depend on the applicant file)
|Placed On:||26th February 2020|
|Closes:||30th April 2020|
About the University of Nizwa
The University of Nizwa is the second top university in the Sultanate of Oman and the first among the private universities in research. It is a non-profit academic institution, governed by its faculty. It aims to broadly educate students and equip them with values, knowledge and life skills needed to enrich their lives and enable them to meaningfully contribute to the progress of society.
Position: Assistant Professor in English Translation Studies (English-Arabic, Arabic-English).
Position Code: ENG_ET
Applicants should be able to begin work in Fall 2020 academic semester at the beginning of September 2020.
- PhD in the field of specialization (Bachelor and Master’s degrees should be in the same field of general specialization from a recognized university).
- Ideally 2-5 years teaching experience in a recognized University/College.
- Good research record; research publications in peer reviewed journals (according to rank).
- Experience in supervising MA theses.
- Administrative and leadership experience in academic settings would be preferred.
- Expertise in curriculum development, accreditation process, institutional partnership/linkages, academic advising, strategic and operational planning, quality management and organization of conferences, seminars, workshops and exhibitions.
- Potential to establish an active research program involving undergraduate and Master’s-level students.
- Knowledge of contemporary teaching practices and E-learning.
- Willingness to contribute to the academic development of the department.
Application Process: Submit a formal application letter, curriculum vitae, educational and experience certificates (including reference Contact information), letter of experience, electronically to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Salary Information
- The salary will be paid per month
- The salary is tax free
- The salary includes allowances (housing, transport, academic water and electricity)
Please note: Position code should be included in the email subject.
Last day of receiving applications is April 30th, 2020