We invite proposals for papers on the topic of the conference from the field of education and translation and representing a variety of contexts i.e. multilingual, first, second and foreign language contexts, library environments, professional settings or NGO contexts. We hope to attract proposals that contribute to our understanding of the following:
- Picturebooks and graphic narratives as mediators of ideologies and contemporary perspectives (i.e. otherness)
- Mediating picturebooks and graphic narratives in different educational contexts
- The mediation of linguistic and cultural values through and/or with picturebooks and graphic narratives
- The mediating role of the publisher/designer/author/illustrator in the (re)construction of the material artefact
- Translation of picturebooks and graphic narratives as interlingual mediation, intralingual mediation and inter-semiotic mediation (including audio-description, sign language and brail)
- The skills and practices of educators/storytellers/translators as mediators of picturebooks and graphic narratives
- The training of educators/storytellers/translators for mediating picturebooks and graphic narratives
The language of the conference is English and contributions are welcome in the form of:
- Oral presentations (20 min + 10 min discussion).
Proposals should include:
- Full name(s) of presenter(s) and affiliation(s)
- A 250-word abstract (with title) and a maximum of three references.
- Bio sketch of 100 words
2. Panels for three or four presentations (60 min + 30 min discussion)
Proposals should should include:
- Full name and affiliation of the panel coordinator
- Full names and affiliations of presenters
- A 200-word introduction to the panel (with title), together with the 250-word abstracts (with title) and a 100-word bio sketch from each presenter (see above).
Please send submissions in a word document to the conference email: email@example.com
Deadline for submissions: EXTENDED to 21 March 2020