[CFP] The Łódź-ZHAW Duo Colloquium on Translation and Meaning
The Łódź-ZHAW Duo Colloquium on Translation and Meaning
2nd session: ZHAW, Winterthur, Switzerland, 3-5 September 2020
The Łódź-ZHAW Duo Colloquium on Translation and Meaning is a successor to the internationally acclaimed event with the same concept, organised in Maastricht and Łódź from 1990 to 2015.
The ZHAW session takes place from 3 to 5 September 2020 in Winterthur and approaches applied aspects of the theme Contextuality in Translation and Interpreting. The session held in Łódź from 28 to 30 May 2020 focuses on theoretical aspects (see http://www.duo.uni.lodz.pl/).
The ZHAW session of the Łódź-ZHAW Duo Colloquium has an applied orientation to this year’s central theme Contextuality in Translation and Interpreting. For full details, see the calls for papers in English and German (links below).
Participants who would like to give a paper should upload their abstracts in pdf format by using the Submit button. The full submission must contain:
- the title of the paper
- the name(s) of the author(s)
- the full name(s) and address(es) of the affiliation(s)/institute(s) of the author(s), including e-mail address
- the sub-theme(s) the abstract relates to (see list of sub-themes in the call for papers)
- a 250-300 word abstract (excluding references)
- a list of references (max. 5)
Abstracts and presentations can be in English or German. A selection of papers based on presentations given at the Duo Colloquium 2020 will be published as a volume by Peter Lang.
Download Call for Papers
Dates, fee and registration
- 30 April 2020: deadline for submission of abstracts
- 31 May 2020: notification of acceptance of abstracts
- 30 June 2020: deadline for early-bird registration (for all presenters)
- 15 July 2020: publication of programme (preliminary version)
- 10 August 2020: deadline for regular registration
- 3-5 September 2020: Duo Colloquium session at ZHAW in Winterthur
Early-bird registration and presenters’ registration (by 30 June 2020): CHF 300
Regular registration (by 10 August 2020): CHF 350
IUED Alumni and DÜV members: CHF 250
External students (except for Łódź and ZHAW students): CHF 150
Łódź and ZHAW students: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details
Please note that student and DÜV member registration requires written confirmation of your status from your institution/organisation.
Your registration is only valid if you pay the correct conference fee before the conference. It is not possible to pay at the venue.
The fee covers:
- participation in the conference
- conference materials
- refreshments during coffee breaks
- lunch served at the conference venue
- evening reception on the first day of the conference
- technical and administrative assistance during the conference.
Please note that the fee does not cover accommodation. Please consult the section Venue and travel information for hotel suggestions and further information on the venue.
(available as of 1 April 2020)
Presenters have to register by 30 June 2020 in order to ensure their place on the programme. All other participants can register by 30 June 2020 to be eligible for the early-bird fee or by 10 August 2020 for the regular fee. The following means of payment are accepted: credit card, PayPal and bank transfer. Please click the Register button to sign up for the conference, pay the fee and upload the written confirmation of your status from your institution/organisation (only necessary for students and DÜV members).
A preliminary version of the detailed programme will be available by 15 July 2020.
Venue and travel information
For information regarding the venue, please visit: https://www.zhaw.ch/en/linguistics/about-us/venue-and-travel-information/.