[CFP] Fifth International Conference on Research into the Didactics of Translation
Fifth International Conference on Research into the Didactics of Translation
8-10 July, 2020
PACTE (Process of Acquisition of Translation Competence and Evaluation) is organising the Fifth International Conference on Research into the Didactics of Translation (didTRAD), which will be held at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 8-10 July, 2020.
This conference aims to provide a forum for researchers in the field of translator training.
Don Kiraly, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
- Teaching translation: introduction to translation, legal translation, scientific translation, technical translation, literary translation, audiovisual translation, localization, inverse translation, etc.
- Teaching interpreting: simultaneous interpreting, consecutive interpreting, community interpreting, etc.
- Teaching signed languages interpreting and translation.
- Teaching technologies for translators and interpreters.
- Teaching language for translators and interpreters (L1 and L2).
- Teaching professional aspects.
- Assessment in translation and interpreting teaching.
- Cross-cutting aspects of curriculum design: tutorials, final-year dissertations, placements, etc.
- Applications of empirical research in translation and interpreting teaching.
Conference Presentation Types
Oral presentations (20 min)
Oral presentations that come within the list of conference topics.
Duration: 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes for discussion.
Presentations in this case take the form of printed posters. The following norms have been established for poster presenters:
- Posters must be in portrait mode.
- Posters should be no larger than 594 mm x 841 mm (DIN-A1).
- They may be printed in black and white, or in colour.
Poster presenters must bring a printed copy of their poster with them to the conference. They will be responsible for displaying the poster at the time and in the place designated by the conference organizers.
For information on how to produce a poster, see:
Roundtable sessions (1hr 30 min or 3 hrs)
Proposals are invited for roundtable sessions. The title of the proposed roundtable, the number of participants, a brief description of the aims and content (700-800 words) together with the name of each presenter and the title of their presentation should be submitted with each proposal. If a proposal is accepted, the person responsible for the proposal will also be responsible for organizing and moderating his/her proposed roundtable session. All participants must register and pay the registration fee. Duration: 1hr 30 min or 3hrs.
Presentation of abstracts
Deadline January 19, 2020. Please fill in this form to submit your abstract: http://grupsderecerca.uab.cat/pacte/en/content/abstract-submission
Catalan, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian and Portuguese.
March 23, 2020 – June 19, 2020
- Normal rate: €250
- Reduced rate: €200 (before May 1, 2020)
- Master’s and PhD students (attendance only, no presentation): €50
- Teaching staff of the Faculty of Translation and Interpreting at UAB: no charge
- Combined Seminar and Conference fee: €350; reduced rate: €300 (before May 1, 2020)
- Combined Seminar and Conference fee for Master’s and PhD students (attendance only, no presentation at the conference): €125
- Presentation of abstracts: deadline January 19, 2020
- Notification of acceptance: March 20, 2020
- Registration: March 23 – May 1, 2020 (reduced rate); May 2 – June 19, 2020 (normal rate)