[Job Vacancy] Full / Associate / Assistant Professor in the English Unit of the Translation Department
The Faculty of Translation and Interpreting (FTI) of the University of Geneva invites applications for the position of Full or Associate or Assistant Professor in the English Unit of the Department of Translation.
This full-time position involves teaching various courses in the FTI’s translation and multilingual communication programmes at the bachelor’s, master’s and postgraduate levels.
Duties include directing master’s theses and doctoral dissertations, developing research at a national and international level in translation studies (relevant to the Department’s areas of research) and securing external funding.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for managerial and organizational tasks related to his or her position in the Faculty’s Department of Translation.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS :
• PhD (or degree deemed equivalent) in translation studies (or a related field).
• English native speaker (‘A’ language).
• Working (‘B’) languages: French and preferably Spanish.
• Experience teaching at the university level.
• Experience supervising research. Research track record relevant to the Department’s areas of research. Scientific Publications.
• Solid experience as a professional translator.
• Knowledge of teaching English as a second language at the university level (desirable).
• Knowledge of virtual training tools (desirable).
START DATE: 1 August 2020 or as agreed upon.
Applications, which consist of a letter of motivation, a curriculum vitae in French including a list of publications, a certified copy of the highest degree obtained and a list of references, may only be submitted online and must be sent before 15 January 2020 by clicking on the “Postuler/Apply now” button below.
Applications sent by email or post will not be accepted.
For additional information, please contact the Dean’s Office of the Faculty of Translation and Interpreting (mailto:email@example.com).