[CFP] Jostrans, non-thematic issue
Call for papers: Jostrans, non-thematic issue, Issue 36, July 2021, submissions received by 30 June 2020
JoSTrans, The Journal of Specialised Translation, is an electronic, open-access peer-reviewed journal bringing non-literary translation issues to the fore. Published bi-annually since 2004, it includes articles, reviews and streamed interviews by translation scholars and professionals. The journal is indexed with the main humanities bibliographies, including SCOPUS, ERIH Plus, MLA, Benjamins Translation Studies bibliography and Clarivate (formerly Thomson & Reuters) in Arts and Humanities Citation Index, Current Contents/Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences Citation Index, Journal Citation Reports/ Social Sciences Edition, Current Contents/Social and Behavioral Sciences.
The Journal of Specialised Translation will publish the next non-thematic issue in July 2021. We invite innovative critical contributions dealing with any area or aspect of specialised translation, in particular:
– Features of specialised language
– General and practical issues in translation and interpreting
– Subject field translation issues, i.e. medical, legal, financial, multi-media, localisation, etc.
– Theoretical issues in specialised translation
– Aspects of training and teaching specialised translation.
We welcome contributions of full length papers (between 5k-8k words including endnotes and references), reviews (500-800 words) and shorter, more practical pieces for the Translator’s Corner section of the Journal. The journal style sheet can be downloaded fromhttp://www.jostrans.org/stylesheet.pdf
We accept contributions in a range of languages, including minority languages, to provide a publishing opportunity for researchers of all nationalities. English abstracts are provided for all articles.
• All contributions will be peer-reviewed.
• Issue 36 (July 2021): submissions will be accepted between April 1, 2020 until June 30, 2020, with a decision on acceptance / rejection by the end of December 2020.
• Please send contributions to the editor-in-chief Łucja Biel at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line JoSTrans Issue 36 by 30 June 2020.