TRANSIUS CONFERENCE 2018
SAVE THE DATE:
TRANSIUS CONFERENCE 2018
GENEVA, 18-20 JUNE 2018
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Centre for Legal and Institutional Translation Studies (Transius) will hold its next international conference on 18-20 June 2018 in collaboration with IAMLADP’s Universities Contact Group (UCG). The conference will provide a forum for dialogue between scholars and practitioners with a common interest in legal translation and institutional translation settings more generally. It illustrates the Centre’s commitment to fostering international cooperation and advocating translation quality in the field.
The 2018 conference will combine keynote lectures, parallel paper presentations, a poster session and thematic roundtables, so that all participants, from high-level experts to translation trainees, can benefit from the exchange of experiences. Contributions on the following themes are welcome:
- Problems, methods and competence in legal translation, including comparative legal analysis for translation
- Terminological issues in legal and institutional translation
- The use of corpora and computer tools for legal and institutional translation practice and research
- Sociological and ethical issues in legal and institutional translation
- Developments and implications of institutional translation policies
- Thematic specialisation in institutional translation (technical, scientific, financial, etc.)
- Translation quality control, quality assurance and management practices in institutional settings
- Court translation and interpreting
- Legal and institutional translator training
We welcome proposals for individual or collective contributions on the conference topics in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish in either of two formats: papers (for 20-minute presentations) or posters (of a maximum size of 100 x 120 cm).
Institutional practitioners from UCG (IAMLADP) member organisations are also invited to submit proposals on the above topics, especially under thematic strands 2 to 8. Based on these proposals, thematic panels and roundtables will be organised to stimulate debate, and selected institutional partners will be invited to contribute to these sessions.
The deadline for the submission of all proposals is 10 November 2017. The online submission process will open in October. Further information on it will be circulated in September 2017 through the Transius Centre’s website, newsletter and Twitter account.
A maximum of two proposals may be submitted per author. It will be assumed that the language of the abstract will be the language of the presentation.
Marta CHROMÁ (Charles University in Prague)
Karen MCAULIFFE (University of Birmingham)
Other speakers will be confirmed shortly.
Anabel BORJA ALBI (Jaume I University), Łucja BIEL (University of Warsaw), Le CHENG (Zhejiang University), Valérie DULLION (University of Geneva), Jan ENGBERG (University of Aarhus), Annarita FELICI (University of Geneva), Mathilde FONTANET (University of Geneva), Jean-Claude GÉMAR (University of Montreal and University of Geneva), Sonia HALIMI (University of Geneva), Anne LAFEBER (United Nations),Karen MCAULIFFE (University of Birmingham), Mariana OROZCO JUTORÁN (Autonomous University of Barcelona), Fernando PRIETO RAMOS(University of Geneva), Colin ROBERTSON (Council of the European Union), Peter SANDRINI (University of Innsbruck), Susan ŠARČEVIĆ(University of Rijeka), Catherine WAY (University of Granada).
- Deadline for the submission of abstracts: 10 November 2017
- Notification of acceptance: 20 December 2017
- Early registration: 15 November 2017 – 15 January 2018
- Standard registration: 16 January 2018 – 31 March 2018
- Late registration: 1 April – 31 May 2018
- Conference dates: 18-20 June 2018
The registration process and other practical information will be available from September 2017. Students and staff from UCG (IAMLADP) universities and institutions will be exempt from participation fees. Members of ASTTI, ASTJ, AITC, AIIC, DÜV and Jus Lingua will be entitled to a special registration fee.