[CFP] STAGING THE LITERARY TRANSLATOR, 17-19th May 2018, Vienna
Abstracts und Deadlines
Scholars are invited to submit 200-300 word proposals (with 3 keywords) for papers by 15 November 2017 to:email@example.com
Abstracts should be attached to your e-mail as a WORD document [titled: authorname.doc]. Please include your contact information in the body of your e-mail, not in the file.
Presentations will be 20 minutes in length, followed by a discussion. There will be sessions on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Date of notification of acceptance of abstracts: 15 December 2017.
This international conference on literary translators is open to a large variety of topics and approaches. Contributions may discuss translators as individuals or as a collective from diverse perspectives, making use of various methodological instruments. Topics could, for example, include the following:
- Theorizing the literary translator
- Methods of researching the literary translator
- The literary translator’s self and identity
- The literary translator’s discourse and voice
- The literary translator’s professional trajectory
- The literary translator’s body
- The literary translator’s habitus
- Feminist/queer literary translators
- The literary translator’s diasporic experience
- The literary translator’s perception of his/her role and/or agency
- Psychological, emotional, cognitive, etc. facets of the literary translator’s personality
With diverse papers and multifaceted discussions on the featured topics, we hope to foster new perspectives, promote cooperation and stimulate integrated research efforts.
The languages of the conference will be English and German.