[Vacancy] Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in Translation and Interpreting The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in Translation and Interpreting
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University – Department of Chinese and Bilingual Studies
The appointee will be required to:
- engage in teaching and related learning activities at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- assume an important role in curriculum design and development;
- undertake academic research in his/her area of expertise, including but not limited to application for external research grants;
- provide administrative support for academic development and departmental objectives, and play an active role in programme management;
- render professional service to the discipline and/or the community at large; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department or his/her delegates.
Appointee at Professor level will be expected to provide academic leadership in his/her area of expertise.
Applicants should have:
- a PhD degree in a relevant discipline, preferably with the specialism in Chinese-English Translation and Interpreting (involving Cantonese and/or Putonghua);
- relevant post-qualification teaching and research experience and a proven record of relevant academic and/or professional achievements;
- a high level of fluency in English; and
- have a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarly activities and professional service.
Applicants for appointment at Assistant Professor level should normally have evidence-based research experience (as supported by evidence of research projects and outputs). Experience of postdoctoral research positions will be a plus but not required.
Applicants for appointment at Professor and Associate Professor level should have substantial years of relevant post-qualification experience and an excellent record of relevant academic and/or professional achievements. Candidates with less experience will be considered for appointment at a lower level.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Initial appointment for Assistant Professor will be on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement. An appropriate term will be provided for appointment at Associate Professor and Professor level. For general information on terms and conditions for appointment of academic staff in the University, please visit the website at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/TC.htm. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
Please submit application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by fax at (852) 2764 3374; or by mail to Human Resources Office, 13/F, Li Ka Shing Tower, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong. If you would like to provide a separate curriculum vitae, please still complete the application form which will help speed up the recruitment process. Application forms can be obtained via the above channels or downloaded from http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/job/en/guide_forms/forms.php. Recruitment will continue until the positions are filled. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can be found at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/job/en/guide_forms/pics.php.