[CFP] 4th International Conference on Cognitive Research on Translation, Interpreting and Language Acquisition
4th International Conference on
Cognitive Research on Translation, Interpreting and Language Acquisition
3-4 November 2017
Beijing Foreign Studies University, Beijing, China
Center for Translation Studies,
School of English and International Studies,
Beijing Foreign Studies University
Centre for Studies of Translation, Interpreting and Cognition (CSTIC)
University of Macau
We are pleased to announce the Call for Papers for the 4th International Conference on Cognitive Research on Translation, Interpreting and Language Acquisition, to be held on 3-4 November 2017 at Beijing Foreign Studies University, Beijing, China. The first three conferences were held in 2014, 2015 and 2016 respectively, by the Centre for Studies of Translation, Interpreting and Cognition (CSTIC) at University of Macau. This is the first time this conference will be hosted outside Macau.
This conference will provide an international forum for the presentation and discussion of up-to-date cognitive research on translation, interpreting and language acquisition. High quality research contributions describing original and unpublished results of conceptual, constructive, empirical, experimental, or theoretical work are cordially invited for presentation at the conference.
We are now inviting proposals for 30-minute presentations (20 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for discussion), addressing one of the following themes:
- Conceptualizing process studies in Translation Studies
- Psycholinguistics in translation/interpreting as bilingual processing
- Cognitive linguistics in translation/interpreting as bilingual processing
- Cognitive processes of translation
- Cognitive processes of interpreting
- Cognitive processes of second language learning
- Cognition and translator training
- Bilingual processing and language education
- Research methods in the cognitive translation/interpreting studies
- Corpus application in bilingual processing and language acquisition
- Tools for the cognitive study of translation/interpreting processes
Keynote speakers confirmed so far include:
- Brian James Baer, Kent State University, USA
- Michael Carl, Renmin University of China, Beijing; Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Maureen Ehrensberger-Dow, ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
- Arnt Lykke Jakobsen, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Defeng Li, University of Macau, China
- Ricardo Muñoz Martín, Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
- Gregory M. Shreve, Kent State University, USA
- Dr. Jian Zhang (Conference Chair)
Dean, School of English and International Studies, BFSU
- Dr. Sanjun Sun (Conference Co-Chair)
Associate Professor, Center for Translation Studies, BFSU
- Dr. Defeng Li (Conference Co-Chair)
Professor, CSTIC, University of Macau
- Dr. Huijuan Ma
Professor, Center for Translation Studies, BFSU
- Dr. Wei Zhang
Professor, Center for Translation Studies, BFSU
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
We invite papers on topics related to one of the conference themes. The language of the conference will be English. A selection of the research papers will be published as a book following the conference, while some will be published in Chinese in a special issue of Translation Horizons, a biannual, peer-reviewed Chinese journal focused on disseminating scholarly research relevant to translation and interpreting. The paper selection will be carried out during the peer review process as well as at the conference presentation stage.
Those who are interested in making a presentation at the conference should indicate your initial interest by writing to Mr. Wenkai Zhang at firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 April 2017. Please state your full name and institution/affiliation in the email message (Click to download Form for initial interest information). The deadline for submitting the abstract is 30 June 2017. The letter of acceptance will be sent by 30 July 2017. (Click to download Form for Abstract Submission. ) Abstracts should be written in English and about 250-300 words. Please kindly submit abstracts to email@example.com before the deadline.
REGISTRATION AND FEES
Registration is required for all presenters and participants of the conference. The standard registration fee for the conference is RMB 2,000 (approximately USD 290). The early bird rate (RMB 1,600) applies if the registration is completed before 3 August 2017. The registration fee for full-time students (copy of student ID required) is RMB 800.
The registration fee can be paid online via our secure Payment Gateway.
Please note that the fee covers the conference pack, refreshments, lunches, a conference dinner, certificate for participation, and is non-refundable. The fee does not cover travel, accommodations or other meals not specified.
A letter of invitation will be provided upon request to registrants who have completed their registration.
- Call for papers: 18 February 2017
- Deadline for submission of abstract: 30 June 2017
- Notification of acceptance: 30 July 2017
- Registration for participants: June 2017 – mid-October 2017
- Deadline for early bird registration: 2 August 2017
- Final paper submission: : mid-October 2017
- Program available on-line: mid-October 2017
- Conference: 3-4 November 2017
University-based or off-campus rooms are reserved for conference presenters and participants. If you are interested, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help make the reservation after you have registered. .
All accommodation packages are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Those planning to stay in other accommodations will find a range of options through tourist information sites such as agoda.com.
All enquiries should be made to Mr. Wenkai Zhang at email@example.com.
Conference website: http://transcognition.org