[CFP] TraFilm Conference Call for Papers
TraFilm Conference Call for Papers
We invite proposals for papers on any of the following topics:
• The translation of language combinations within the same film, TV product, or written work of fiction.
• The translation (or nontranslation) of constructed languages, i.e., languages made up by the author within a work of fiction.
• The translation of conditioned language utterances within a work of fiction, i.e. when communication is conditioned by cognitive or articulatory hindrances, because of the effects of overexcitement, intoxication, exhaustion, psychological condition, speech impairment.
• The rendering of dialects and/or sociolects within a work of fiction or non-fiction, when they are used as distinct forms of communication from a standard language operating as the main language of the source text.
• Translation creativity when dealing with stylistic and/or linguistic varieties and language combinations
• Instances of code-switching, diglossia, bilingualism, heritage languages within works of fiction or as parts of translation of non-fiction.
• The stylistic and functional effects and implications of linguistic variety as explained in the previous points, above, e.g. humour, stereotyping, xenophobia, censorship, character portrayal, narrative and rhetorical devices.
• Reports of professional experiences and practices on translation and multilingualism.
Abstracts (up to 300 words), along with the author’s name, communication information, and short bio-bibliographical note should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the indication “Trafilm Conference Proposal” on the subject line.
Notification of acceptance: 30th May
Early bird registration: 30th June
Participant: 110€ (early bird) – 140€ (after 30th June)
Student concession: 40€ (early bird) – 60€ (after 30th June)
Dra. Montse Corrius (UVic-UCC)
Dra. Eva Espasa (UVic-UCC)
Dr. Miquel Pujol (UVic-UCC)
Dra. Laura Santamaria (UAB)
Dr. Patrick Zabalbeascoa (UPF)
To be announced
Barcelona, Universitat de Vic (exact location to be confirmed)